- Frame/Fork: Full 4130 CrMo frame in 48/51/54/57/60 cm frame; BT BIKES "RD-20" carbon/alloy fork; FSA "Orbit X" sealed a-headset, 1 1/8"
- Wheels/Tires: DT SWISS "R24 Spline" double wall 24h front rim with DR SWISS "R24 Spline" sealed bearing, QR axle; DT SWISS "R24 Spline" double wall 24h rear rim with DT SWISS "11-speed cassette, sealed bearing, QR axle; CONTINENTAL "Grand Sport Race" 700c x 25x tires
- Drivetrain: SHIMANO "105" cranks with SHIMANO "105" compact 34/50t chainring; KMC "X11EL" chain; SHIMANO BB68 fully sealed bottom bracket; SHIMANO "105" 11-speed cassette with 11-28t; SHIMANO "105" front and rear derailleurs
- Brakes/Cockpit: SHIMANO "105" brake levers; PROMAX "RC359" long arm caliper brakes; BT BIKES "Origin" forged alloy -7 degree stem; BT BIKES 6061-T6 double butted alloy drop bar; BT BIKES "Comp" rail saddle; BT BIKES "620" alloy seatpost
- Extras: Metallic black, rack and fender mounts, 9.6 kg (21.2 lbs) in Medium
If the idea of chasing Strava KOMs makes your eyes roll, then you are probably the kind of rider who prefers to take in the scenery rather than staring through mirrored lenses at your stem. At the core of the Audax is the full CrMo frame, with double butted tubes, providing a light and strong endurance road machine. The natural dampening characteristics of the steel take out a lot of the road "buzz" letting your arms relax as you eat up the miles. The dropouts and seat stays are ready for a rear rack, and, thanks to the longer chainstays, there is plenty of heel clearance when panniers are mounted. Up front, the taller headtube is a little bit easier on the back muscles, and the longer trail length means the steering is far less "nervous" than on a race bike. Thanks to the Shimano 105 compact chainset and 11-28t cassette, it does not matter where your Audax takes you, there are plenty of gears to climb those hills. If the weather turns nasty as it often can, the fenders become invaluable and indeed a new best friend.